Monday, May 10, 2010

Water change!

Skipped uni today, i can justify my self and say i am sick and coughing so much.so... =P.

While i was at home and how my fingers are still so horrible i took the gamble and decided i should finally clean and change the water in the aquarium.
Before:
After:

Cleaning this tank might sound like hard work.... ok maybe it is, but it's a hobby, sometimes i actually enjoy cleaning it, its the only physical interaction i can get with my fishies, lol. When i say its been a while since i last cleaned it i mean over two months! i generally try to clean it once every fortnight. So yeh, I've been very lazy lately. The most tedious part of cleaning out the tank (other than waiting for the water to siphon out and filling back in) is sorting out all the uprooted plants and planting it back in. I can only do this when I'm doing a water change because then i can actually put my arm in and reach the bottom without going for a swim. So 120 liters of freshwater and new carbon filter. This should last until a fortnight away.On another note my dad gave me this the other night. It's a maroon leather jacket and since it belonged to my dad and his dad, it fits perfect! It's apparently over 30 years old and it's still in perfect condition. If anything it's in great condition, no wears and tears and it has gotten rid of that new crusty/stiff leather feeling long ago. On the tag it is said it is made in Spain, not to sure what that means in terms of value and fashion but I'll keep it. Not to sure if i will ever wear it out though (it does give that look of a gay cowboy).

No comments:

Post a Comment