Thursday, May 20, 2010

Proposal.

So the weirdest thing happened today in the CVEN2301 lecture. Mid way through the class Mario (lecturer) is explaining about stress/strains in relations to Mohr's circle. Part way through it Mario decides to give an opportunity to students to write on the board and see if we have the capabilities to derive simple equations, or so i thought. Strangely enough this girl in the front row shoots her arm up, eager to volunteer. Now this is weird already, no one ever volunteers for this stuff, it gets to the point where Mario starts throwing chalk at people to go down to write on the board.
Anyway as this girl walks up to the board to start the derivations she says "I think it goes along the lines of this"
*heart* JCB + AWD = true love.

She then turns around towards someone in the class and gets out this small heart shaped box and says " ***** from New college will you marry me?".

HOLY SHIT! It was amazing! I was speechless, it was... woah! He said yes, they hugged and then she left. Which makes me think if it was legit or not. Real or not it was still something to remember, the KBT being so silent, so silent till the point you could hear peoples thoughts, one of those thoughts were "What the fuck?" and everyone heard that one.

I hope it was real, it will make me smile for a long time. I mean how many people in this world can say "I was there when he/she proposed!". As awkward as it was sitting there while it happened it is something i will remember.

1 comment: