Sunday, September 26, 2010

Fishies!

A while back in my blog i posted about how my bristlenose catfish has been laying eggs and they hatched about a dozen baby catfishies. Well, they all disappeared, my assumption would be they either got eaten by the guppies or lost the fight for food in the tank and starved to death.

Well last week i noticed just one hatchling stuck on the grass. Then a few days ago, BAM!! I saw these babies stuck on the tank wall.
I counted about 8 or more. So fearing that would starve again i started dropping in bit more algae chips in for them, but then my tank started to get real filthy from the uneaten food. So i siphoned the tank and started to feed them less.

I can't find them anymore, i think they are too dumb to find food on their own..... *insert sadface*

2 comments:

  1. couldn't you take em out and place em in a smaller tank with food there? I know nothing about fishies though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could and i should. But in reality i just can't be stuffed.

    ReplyDelete