Wednesday, September 15, 2010

First batch.

Ok, so the first batch of photos i took with my ultra rad camera are developed. Here are just a few.



I quite like this shot.


I don't even remembering taking this picture. Nor do i know where it is.

This in my opinion is best shot of them all. By luck the settings were all perfect, plenty of light and the colours are astounding!
This picture also has a bit of a story to it which to me anyway makes it just so much more interesting. Driving down along one of the heaviest trafficked roads in Sydney, I notice the driver of car on my right, a middle aged man wearing a simple black suit, white shirt and black tie. Driving a classic Mercedes, metallic grey, smooth lines and simple just how a high classed luxury car should feel and look. The man was talking, no one in the front seat, windows wound all the way up and in the rear passenger seat sat a man, middle aged but his aura gave a more youthful feel than the driver. Resting his arm on the window sill, his watch just caught a sparkle in my eye. This man was a man of class. So then the red light came both mine and his car was at the front, we both stopped and out came my camera. Which is why I call this picture "Chauffeured".

So after this first batch of photos i have learned alot.
  • ASA/DIN is an old fashioned abbreviation which is equivalent to ISO.
  • This camera cannot take macro shots.
  • Any shot taken with a shutter speed of less than 1/250th will give poor photos.
  • When taking photos in low light, I must concentrate and think about the settings.
  • The camera does not exactly have a zoom, but it does specify a distance which must be taken into account.
  • Photos should be taken at least 1 meter away from subject.
  • The film itself has an ISO rating.
  • These photos are way rad!
In the first batch, the roll of film allowed 24 shots. Only about half were decent. There are a few more photos on my flickr. Check em out.

No comments:

Post a Comment