Friday, January 14, 2011

Beach Workouts.


In these past few weeks me and a few buddies have been hitting up the beach for some good beach running/workouts. For me it's really just something to prepare me for the intensity of the upcoming Chinese New Year festivities.

This would be our 3rd workout session but this time, i thought it would be a bit different. Funny enough everytime I take a bunch of guys on this workout it's a different set of people. Also this time I thought i would change it up a bit.

I have had a mate suggesting kickboxing for a while now, so i thought why not. I kinda want to do some kickboxing too!

So my workout plans are always as follows, for the warm up anyhow.
  • Slow walk on the beach
  • Slow jog on the wet sand
  • Jog on the dry sand.
And usually anything happens after that. And it's great fun, even i get a good workout from the run on the sand. And It's even better when we jog backwards! Killer on the hamstrings! Then there's a combination of pushups, lunges, situps, planches and whatever i think is best/fun.

This time however was a bit different. I had the pads I borrowed from sifu and got the guys to run through just a few basic movements/drills and then work on the pads. It was fun and all but i don't think it was a very effective workout for them. I had 4 guys to one set of pads and i think the waiting time between sets for them was a bit too long. So next time I'll figure something out for them to do inbetween sets.

Funny though because these beach sessions is an intention for me to workout but I just assume the personal trainer roll. I quite like it and i do enjoy teaching others/working other people like dogs. One mate said i worked him to the limit, to the point where his head/ears were throbbing! lol.
I managed to get this photo in the end of the last session. It's me doing a horse to 360 outside kick to horse. I actually didn't know Tony was there but it proved to be a cool picture. Gives me ideas for other action shots i want to try out.

No comments:

Post a Comment