Monday, December 27, 2010

New years resolution. - Project 365


Ok so I have made a decision. I have for once in my life made a new years resolution, a resolution where it's simple, it's realistic and it's achievable. I am going to be partaking this project called 'Project 365'.

Project 365 is a photo diary, 1 photo a day for a whole year. Why have i decided to take up this project and why do i get this great sense of excitement boiling inside of me? I honestly can't answer that question but since starting this blog 6, 8, 10? months ago I can honestly say i quite enjoy it. I wish i blogged more often, but I do get lazy, I run out of things to blog about and sometimes well most of the time I'm terrible with my creative writing.

My aims from this project is, well it's just another digital diary for myself i'll make it public of course. I think i'm quite excited about this is because I will learn so much, I will learn so much about photography, I will learn so much about myself and if you think about it, it's a year long photo album.

I have considered trading in the G11 for a proper entry level DSLR but upon reading other reviews, there are little things actually no, there is still a lot to learn about this camera. One thing I find quite frustrating is the grainy photos in low lighting but apparently it's best to take photos with a ISO setting no higher than 800. I don't know actually, it's just something i read.
So instead I might just by an external flash for the g11 and see how i go. I actually dislike using flashes but a friend told me i should try using a proper flash.

Now the issue is, what medium should i use for this 'project 365'. Should i stick to blogspot or get the ProFlickr account or something else?

I plan to start on Jan 1st so lets see how i'll grow up from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment