Thursday, December 9, 2010

New tyres!


Dropped into Tempe Tyres yesterday to get some fresh rubber. First time ever going into that place and damn it's deck out! If you haven't seen the joint it's amazing. A superb selection of spinning rims make up the shop front. The front desk resembles something of a small news room/star trek command center (lol!).

Just go check it out for yourself it's pretty cool.For a while now I've just been wanted to do a tyre rotation to get even wear but when looking at my two fronts the little tyre wear indicator was clearly showing, feck. So new tyres it is.

Clifton has been boasting about the 'Kumo ku36' for a while now saying they are cheap and grippy. Just what i need, turns out that the ku36's don't come in my size and so instead i opted for the ku31's not too sure at the major differences are, I have no knowledge in automotive parts so at 140 a tyre fitted and balanced i just did it.

First impressions, they are grippy! A bit more than my potenza's but i still managed to get it spinning but through the corners its got a hand over my potenza's but that's possibly i was running bold tyres before.

Any how I hope i don't become a hoon but it seems like it. I do have a list of things i want to add/mod like upgrading the sound system (I love my music), lowering/coilovers (It would corner so much better), slotted rotors( I did have a slight case of brake fade when i was fanging it through 'Wotton way' up at coffs) and a new exhaust system (not for sound but just to add a bit of *umph* in the car) all done in that order. But right now I don't have the money/knowledge to justify much of it.

If anyone can suggest certain speakers, springs or a particular setup for my sp23 I'm all ears! The more i know about cars the smarter the buy i can make later on. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment