Friday, August 12, 2011

To the smokers out there.

To the smokers.

I know what I write in this blog may upset the majority of smokers out there but I just feel the need to vent.
Please stop, seriously just stop. Go cold turkey and make the air I breathe a bit more cleaner.

Ok I apologise, I'm being unreasonable and possibly insensitive. So let me start again.

Tonight I was confronted by the most inconsiderate, dirty tossers, Chinese men smoking right in front of a main entrance to a very populated restaurant. The smoke was channelled through the doors and littered our air with their second hand smoke.

Please be more mindful you F.O.B fags. I'd rather stick my noes in my shirt to breathe my body odour and so do others, I cringe at every puff you inhale and so does a lot of others, I give you the biggest death stare when I see you flick your smoking butt onto the ground but not many others give a shit beyond that.

But I just have to wonder, do you give a flying shit about us? You're a tosser, your teeth look horrendous and your breathe stinks like an ashtray.

I can honestly say that I cannot relate, I do not understand why you smoke nor can I comprehend why you don't just keep the butt and throw it in a bin!

But what I can wrap my head around and vaguely accept that it's hard to quit, I don't know why it is, but millions of people struggle to do so. Also despite the studies and statistics, you may or may not develop lung cancer and that if you do, you may as well smoke. As silly and hypocritical that last sentence sounded it's actually true. There are people who are chronic smokers that do not develop the harsh symptoms of lung diseases but if they do it's hard to treat.

But what I cannot stand is that majority of the smokers out there don't give a fuck where their second hand smokes go, nor do they give a fuck that the streets are littered with their spit drenched buds.

Yes, I do understand that there are smokers out there who are considerate and I humbly thank you for that. I also apologise if you may have found my words offending.

To the other smokers, piss off, pick up your litter and be more mindful about the others around you.

Please take note, I'm not telling you smoking is bad, you're going to die nor am I telling you to quit. Do what ever you please, just don't put the people around you at a discomfort, that's just rude and inconsiderate.

/rant

1 comment: