Thursday, August 4, 2011

Evangelion 2.22 You Can (Not) Advance

Words cannot describe just how good this movie is.

The other day while browsing one of those asian video shops full of pirated dvds (and now blue rays!) I spotted the Evangelion 2.22 You can (not) advance dvd. I just had to get it.

I was meant to hold out on watching the dvd but i just couldn't hold myself. Holy fuck!

Despite this movie being a remake of the original animation Evangelion (2.22 being part 2 of the 3 part series) it was just full of surprises. Same general plot line but just a completely different journey, new Eva's, new costumes and one twist of a character!

I did state that the plot is generally the same so you would assume that the movie would be come predictable but it's completely the opposite!! How the played out the battles between Eva's and Angles were remastered, script was also slightly modified and also little tidbits of actions that a true eva fan would notice (me being one of them).

If anyone has seen the original series and thought it was great as it is, then you just abso-fucking-lutely have to watch this (Part 1 too!!). It takes the original concept and storyline and creates a huge twist satisfying in my opinion all the eva fans out there. To the guys who want more Eva but don't want their original memories of Eva to die, then seriously this is it.

Originally this series was animated in the original Japanese anime style but I was quite pleasantly surprised to see a lot of 3-D animations incorporated into the series. Soundtrack has also been altered. I believe it is now more lyrically more appropriate which just makes it that much more awesome!

I almost cried watching this.

Yes I'm an Evangelion geek.

1 comment:

  1. that is why i love evangelion series becuase it has a different plot despite it was remake. The incredible story makes me decide to purchase Shinji at PIJ, where my collect of evangelion from. On my own opinion, it was normal to have different script, plot and others feature in the movie though it was remaking because if not there is no excitement at all. How i wish the video was in english. Thank you for posting.

    ReplyDelete