Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Ouchies


Last Tuesday to be accurate I performed at Blakehurst High for their multicultural day. A really big event run by the kids, also the most useless day of running around doing nothing for them.

I wouldn't normally perform based on the fact I never really think I'm good enough because of the lack of training. But that day I felt slightly adventurous, sure I stuffed up my routine but no one noticed. What happened was on my last movement I sliced opened my left thumb, quite deeply too, blood was almost gushing out but it did pool up quite big in my hand. Hopefully no one noticed.

I decided to go to the docs to check up on my tetanus shots. It's been 7 years since my last shot and I remember that well because I almost sawed my thumb in half that day too!

Anyhow, it wasn't bleeding any more so no stitches, got my shot and I changed my bandage/band aid everyday.

A week later I decide it's fine to go without the band aid (I actually forgot), the skin has closed up, just some slight bruising. But what I didn't notice till later today that I have lost almost all feeling in that wounded area! Complete nerve damage!

It's so strange, other than the near amputation of part of my thumb I can move it fine, It doesn't hurt too, I lifted weights with it, drummed a whole weekend and I'm fine.

Hrm.. see how this progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment