Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Mont 2011

Friday night, 3 Thules, 3 bikes, 1 Calzone and 1 destination.

The rego tent, getting our teams race plates and also our bag of freebies!
So this year a legislation had past where all riders had to have their helmet check for defects and also Australian or international safety standard stickers. Unfortunately my helmet the Bell sweep was purchased online from CRC in Europe. So no stickers for me, but because Clifton has the same helmet I do know the sweep does pass the safety standards. So with some help, I got my sticker that tells the race officials my helmet is safe.
Click to enlarge.
Just a panoramic shot of the main sort of transition area, I tried to capture the feel of how many campers/riders were here but i failed.

I wasn't in much of a picture taking mood, nor am I in much of a blogging mood either right now. Slightly bit disappointed, possibly tired and just not feeling 100%.

I was the first man up again, the run was terribly painful, that first firetrail was painful and the dust was intense (not as bad as last year though). The track was great I quite enjoyed it! No crazy lung busting climbs nice flow in the single trails, people were commenting on the developing ruts in the trail but I honestly didn't mind at all.

The track was so damn dusty that made me re-lube my chain after every lap! I managed to push out 4 laps. I wish I had pushed out more, but my spirits was quite crushed when someone in my team decided to call quits. He only did 2 laps but his fitness is quite different to others, I just would of appreciated it if he pushed himself past that mental barrier.

The rain kicked in at about 7am, our last recorded lap was at about 3am and we left the camping grounds by about.. 10am. When it started to rain and i saw the BOM forcast I honestly thought the race would be called off soon because the rain would make things terribly dangerous and it may have a race there was not titles at stake. But I was wrong, I should of just got up and changed and harden the fuck up.

Lessons learnt from this year's mont.
  • I need ride a lot more.
  • My camping gear is still very inefficient
  • You can never bring too much clothes for events like this.
  • Team mates needs to be thought about a bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment