Monday, March 8, 2010

The mont, 24 hours of pain, that is good!

The mont is coming!! Soon!!

I registered for the mont sometime mid-late last year(yes you need to register that early!), and i keep getting reminder emails from them every now and then. Those who registered to the mont know what i'm talking about, first it was "4 months to go!", "3 months to go!" then it went to "4 weeks to go!" and now their latest email "22 days till go!". Ah crap!

I'm not saying I'm dreading it.... ok maybe i am. But when i first received these emails i got Amped! Pumped! Exhilarated! some type of excitment boils inside of me. But they are not the only emotions that are going through me... This time of my teenage life (yes i still consider myself to be in my teens!) i have been kind of off bikes and cycling, i don't know exactly why or how or when and i don't like it. And so because of this i haven't been riding at much as i use to, or even at all! Although i did get a lot of very strenuous exercise from all the lion dancing i participate in the very recent Chinese New Year festivities, its not enough for the mont!!

But not to fear for i went on my first mountain bike ride in 2 whole months the other day at Loftus in the Royal National Park. Considering it was my first ride in 2 months and the mont was oh so near i decided i should ride either on or close to my limit and i did! ..... I felt like i wanted to puke at one stage and that is a very strange experience for that was my first time feeling that too. Not to mention Jing having a stack causing a nasty injury of a broken left elbow ( Get well soon mate!). That ride just woke me up to my senses.

Now at heart i am not a very competitive person but when it comes to things that i have passion in, i give it my all. I do my best plus more and never look back even if i stuff up, but this time is different, i know what my best is and i also know i cannot achieve anything close to it!

Having said that i have been on a few other "enduros" and they are the best fun ever. Nice people great atmosphere, good trails, high energy intake, extremely high energy output, below average hot foods,camp quality sleeping arrangements, the dust, the hills, rocks, rollovers, cows and not to mention the quality of sanitation in the port-o-loos...... oh gosh I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment