Wednesday, March 17, 2010

All in good humor.


Just today Tiff sms'ed me to buy her one of her textbooks from the uni bookshop "How to think straight about psychology" apparently it is a good read. Maybe I'll get to it later.

Having bought it i thought it would funny to make a small white lie about her textbook being mauled by a savage dog. My story went along the lines of... While walking back to the car with the book, some dog came at me barking, growling jumping you know the usual angry dog stuff. So in retaliation i used this book to defend myself. Just continuously wacking the crap out of it until the dog had to defend itself. It grab the book off me and tore it to shreds, leaving her brand new textbook (which she needs for a quiz tomorrow) in shreds, wet with dog slobber and falling to pieces.

She bought the joke! or lie.... However you like to see it.

When returning her textbook in a brand new mint condition i was greeted with a few laughs and maybe a backhand or two. Its funny how some people can interpret my little story and much very detailed assumptions from very little given data. She had thought that when the dog came attacking me i threw the book away to save my own petty life of mine. Then as she was recounting what she thought what actually happened many questions popped up like. Why was there such a dog at uni in the first place? Why would the dog chase the book? Why did i make my story sound like i was the chicken shiet?

No comments:

Post a Comment