Thursday, July 14, 2011

Snow 2011







So this is the basic rundown of my snow trips through the eyes of the gopro.
Me and V-man having a run down the short course.

Going down the black run "Kamakazi"

This video just show how bad the weather was in our first few days there. Also shows V-man and Wazz having a small biff. lols.

So our first few days there wasn't too good at all. It was almost a
complete white out, the snow hurts your face. Putting chains on my car was interesting but by the week was over I got pretty darn efficient at getting them on and off. My first experience at snowboarding was terrible, it got to the point where I got terrible anxiety at getting up to go down the mountain cause I would only go a few meters before I fall down hard again. So all it took was one day of snowboarding and I gave up and switch to skis
. Wise decision
that was, I just wasn't having fun on the board and skiing just felt natural.

Monday to Wednesday was terrible weather. The worst can be illustrated with the conditions of our cars at the end of the day.
Iced all over and almost a complete white out!

Snow and ice just blanketed my windows, needed a good scrapping to get that off


Does give for cool frozen mazda badges though. lol

Negative four in the morning!!

Having 6 guys and 1 girl in a room made for 2 was quite interesting and surprising not terrible. The power did short circuit once because I think we did have any electrical appliance on at that time. But other than that it was pretty good. Food was decent, it wasn't just instant noodles every night. Steaks one night and the second, noodles another night, sweet potato somewhere and mash. Good hot English breakkie in the mornings, so nothing to complain about.

It was a pretty good trip, all under a grand i think (still gotta sort out payments will fuel and all). So it was pretty cheap the only thing that hit us hard was the lift tickets $519 for 5 daysat perisher. ARGH!

No comments:

Post a Comment