Tuesday, May 31, 2011

C'était un rendez-vous


A classic short film titled "It was an appointment". Where a Ferrari 275 GBT in the break of dawn ignores all red lights, drives on the wrong side of road, mounts footpaths, encounters a close call with a woman crossing the road and absolutely flies through the streets of Paris.

This was a film I watched a long time ago, if I vaguely remember it was from Justin's blog that I stumbled upon it. And just recently I decided I should revisit the video and be entranced once again.

Upon google it turns out there is a fair bit of controversy circulating through this film. Apparently the soundtrack of the movie is of a Ferrari 275 but some people say it was originally a Mercedes and the V-12 engine noise was dubbed in. Also there is speculations going on about who was the real driver, an anonymous F1 driver or Claude Lelouch himself. Supposedly upon releasing this video Claude was arrested right after.

Despite its authenticity, to me it's still a classic video, a real life legend if you can drag it that far. Something that made my jaw drop.

No comments:

Post a Comment