Sunday, November 21, 2010

My tattoo.



I've been quite lazy with my blogs lately and that's because holidays has begun and I've just been.... I don't know what I've been doing. Just seems like I'm super busy somehow.

The point of this post is about my tat, or the ankh. I've been wanting this tattoo for over 3 years now and I've never had the guts to actually go and get it. No don't get excited I haven't got it yet, still umming and ahhing.
The reason for this ankh/tat is because 1. I actually quite enjoy looking at tattoos and i find them aesthetically pleasing, and 2. I actually want something i can carry on from my youth to adulthood. Hence the ankh.

The ankh is an Egyptian hieroglyphic character that reads eternal life. And In my mind it reads, eternal youth, eternal happiness, live life to it's fullest, never regret things in life and just keep on living, you may take whatever meaning you like out of it. In the end i just want something symbolic that represents to me to stay young, never look back and always have fun. Because, in a way that's my motto.

The position i would like to have it is quite obvious, on my left chest, where the heart lies. That's symbolic enough. The size would be something small (smaller than what can been seen in the pic), even though i want something extravagant that radiates art and expressionism through the form of a tat. For my first tattoo I'll stick with something small first.

This second picture is just the save file from paint, in which i was mucking about. So far my design is like so. Ignore the scribbles on the side.
Still not the final design. I still have ideas on having the "Forever Young" phrase to be the skeleton of the ankh shape but until i can actually get it working on paint, this seems quite good so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment