Monday, July 5, 2010

Viriya & Lourdes's wedding


So last Saturday was Des and Viriya's big day. So exciting! This would be the first wedding i attend where the bride and groom is someone i know personally and not a distant relative i only see once a year.

It was a good experience and it was just a joy to watch the ceremony. Although there was something that i noticed during the ceremony, it was a religious ceremony and one of the verses that they read from the bible was quite... hrm... Well one which the Reverend pointed out specifically was "A good wife is a silent wife", i assume this was taken from the old testament. It did unnerve me a bit but this is religion, so i wont say any more about it. The religious side of things was definitely something for me considering the fact in this last year i have been attending many Buddhist temple days. I was definitely amazed at myself for still being able to recite the Lord's prayer, something that i have not heard or spoken in years. I was somewhat touched, and did feel a bit strange maybe it was awkward? I'm not too sure. Religion is something I sit on the fence about.Such a beautiful day. Viriya and Des both looked great. I'm so happy for them both. You two look great together.

Thank you for inviting me to be a part of your special day. I know you will remember it always and so will I. All the best to you guys.


1 comment:

  1. OMG!!! I didn't even know they were getting married :(:(:(
    I feel so left out :(:(:(

    ReplyDelete