Wednesday, December 28, 2011

How my life could of changed.



Back in 2005 sometime when I was still in my high school years, I was one of those kids who would be flipping                                                 over shit, climbing over walls and someone apart of the Australian parkour forums. I attended their first ever national parkour meetup at the Homebush gymnastics centre sometime in the 06 or 07 years and it was a blast.

I remember being there thinking I was somewhat king shit because back at home/school and training I would do all these stupid flips and shit on the grass. But these guys who founded the parkour forums were on a whole other level. Being in the gymnastics floor allowed everyone to achieve gain more height, twists and flips than being outside in the streets, but what they achieved being in the first few years of founding the forum was amazing. Physically what they could do was cool, but being able to gather the nations whole parkour community together in one city to practice was even more amazing.

I remember being into that scene for a short while, made some short lived friends but for me it never really kicked off. For reasons that just seem silly really, I never had anyone to run with and when I did go out by myself, after a few weeks my legs develop a terrible case of shin splints. It hurt to walk sometimes and I still remember I couldn't point my toes upwards for a few good weeks. I actually found that amusing somewhat.

Because of that I just stopped and upuntil now I have forgotten about that aspect of my life. And watching this video just made me think, what if?

What would my life be like if i kept up with community? How would the parkour community impact upon my life?

But also this life question can also be applied to other aspects of my life like, who I dated or didn't date, jobs, cars, bikes, friends and whatnot. But I still like to think.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment